Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

 
Today is Valentine's Day. Not sure what Valentine's Day makes you think of, but for me it makes me think of love, but not just any love. Lately I have been thinking of the love Christ has for us. Christ loved me SO much, that He was willing to give up His life to save a sinner like me. It takes a special kind of love to be willing to give up your life for someone else! More specifically, I did nothing to deserve Christ's love. I have done many things that are sinful and wrong but despite that, Christ was willing to give up HIS life and whoever believed on Him, that instead of having to die because of my sin, I would have everlasting life!
 
 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16
 
I guess we all, at some time, come to that point in our walk with the Lord that we realize that there is nothing we can do to earn God's love. Its because He loves us with an unconditional love. This kind of love means that there is nothing we can do to make God love us more or less than He already does. God has been teaching me, that by my living my life for God and allowing Him to work thru me, He is showing me how to truly love those around me with Christ-like love. Its not always easy or always pretty. There are still days that I mess up and don't love those around me the way I should. It is a daily process and the more I learn about God, the more I learn about love and how much it entwines into every aspect of our lives. I have been challenged to love those that aren't always easy to love. But those are the people God calls us to love the most. When Christ was here on earth, He ministered to those that no one wanted to be with. So my challenge to you, is to love those that aren't easy to love. As you continue to look to God and grow in your walk with Him, you will find that loving others is a part of that growing process :)
 
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. -John 13:34

No comments:

Post a Comment