Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fear


For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
-2 Timothy 1:7

Have you ever thought about how much of a hold fear can have on you? Maybe it is fear of the future, fear of a problem in front of you, or maybe just a fear of someone or something. Whatever it may be that you fear, remember fear builds a wall not a bridge. Often it keeps you from truly being able to enjoy your life. At one point in my life I feared public speaking and sometimes what the future held, but God did and still is working in my life to remind me that He holds the future and if I trust those things I fear to Him, He will help me face my fears. I enjoy read the above verse that instead of fear we have the wonderful promises of power, of love, and of a sound mind. Another verse that comes to mind is "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." -1 John 4:18 Many times God has shown me that what I fear often is in my own mind and nothing to worry about. As far as public speaking, it is by far not my favorite things to do but you know what, instead of fearing to teach youth girl's Sunday school at church, I actually don't mind it and enjoy studying the lesson to prepare for it. That was surprising to me but it just showed me that sometimes what you fear, is often in your own mind.

Now when I fear something, I just remind myself that fear is of the devil, and not of God, therefore what I fear I just need to take to God and trust that He knows what is best. So if you struggle with fear, remember that if you give it to our Father in Heaven, He will help you to overcome it and be with you when you face whatever you fear!!

 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 
-Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment