Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Giving Thanks In All Things


Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 
-Ephesians 5:20

The subject of gratitude has been on my mind a lot lately. I have been doing the 30 days of Gratitude in the back of this book, Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh Demoss and at the moment I am a little over halfway through. So God has been teaching me a lot about gratitude and how to be grateful for all things and in all things.

Recently I have had a few things come into my life and I have found that despite these things that I could complain about, there are a host of things that instead I can be grateful for. On Sunday, two weeks ago, someone ran into my sister and I when we were coming home from church. Well since then the insurance company has totaled my car and tomorrow it gets picked up. But I have been marveling at how even though the car is totaled and with the different things that come with that, there are many more things of which I can be thankful! One being, though my car is totaled, I am getting money to go towards another car. Another thing I can be thankful for, no one got seriously injured in the accident. Also, now though I don't have a vehicle, the insurance company is paying for a rental car for 7 days and hopefully in those 7 days I can get a vehicle. If not, I do know that God has a something already worked out if that should happen. I can't explain maybe exactly everything but I have seen God's hand through all these things and He has come through for me each and every time even though at points it felt like things were not going to work out! I am so thankful for what God has been doing and I am excited to see how He will continue to work in my life!

So my challenge to you is that though it may be hard to give thanks for your circumstances, look for something in and through that circumstance for which you can thank God! Sometimes it takes a bit of looking and searching but there will be something!!

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
-1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment