Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

Blessings


I was thinking about how much I really enjoy the holidays. As I was thinking about that, it made me think about how easy it can be to get caught up in the busyness of the season instead of really being thankful for the blessings with which God has blessed me.

Does my life reflect that I am thankful for the many blessings with which God has blessed me or do I just go on living and not even give those blessings a second thought? I was really challenged this Thanksgiving to be thankful for even the smallest things, things I might not usually give a second thought to. God truly has blessed me with many blessings and it is wonderful seeing His work in my life and the lives of those around me.

-William Arthur Ward

The quote above definitely has truth behind it. If I am thankful for the blessings God has given me, do I thank Him for them? Living a life of thankfulness really can change your outlook. When you are thankful for the things that come into your life, good or bad, realizing that God only brings those things into your life which will help you, improve you, and draw you closer to Him, it brings you nearer to God and helps you see those things for which you might not normally be thankful.

So my challenge to you is, be thankful for all things and in all things. 

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
-1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment