Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Refinement


What do you think of when you hear the word refinement? When I think of refinement, I think of something painful, especially in relation to my spiritual life. The dictionary's definition is: refinement: the process of removing impurities or unwanted elements from a substance. Looking at the dictionary's definition and then looking at what God has been doing in my life lately, I can see Him bringing those impurities and unwanted things in my life to the surface for me to see so I may work on those things. It is a painful and sometimes messy process but I know that God sees the whole picture and the end result will be beautiful!

Below are some verses that relate to what I see God doing in my life right now.

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
-1 Peter 1:7-9

Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.
-Isaiah 48:10-11

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
-1 Peter 5:10

Though this refinement process is neither easy or fun, I know that God's way is perfect and this refining is ultimately for His honor and glory and that I may better serve Him. I am so thankful that after a time of testing, God will use that to strengthen you and prepare you for the things that are to come!

My challenge to you is that when God takes you through a refinement in your own life, allow Him to work in your life and show you those impurities and unwanted things in your life so that you may better serve Him in His kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment