Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day and Honour


Mother's Day. The one day of the year that is set aside to remember our mothers. They are the ones who gave birth to us, although in some cases, mothers are those who raised us or were a big influence in our lives. I am thankful for the mother God has given to me, that she is a Godly mother, and has set a Godly example for me to follow. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am if she hadn't prayed for me or not have set the example she did. So are you thankful for your mother? I know I am! On Sunday I was thinking about some of the ways that we can show our mothers that we are thankful for them.

One of the most important ways we can show our mothers that we are thankful for them is to honor them. The Bible says that we are to honor our father and mother.
"Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth." -Ephesians 6:2-3 
I know is some cases it might not be easy to honour your mother (and father) but it is what God commands us to do. For me it is harder to honour my father than my mother but the principle applies to both parents. I prayed about honouring my father and God helped me to honour him even though it wasn't easy. There still are times that I still struggle with honouring my parents but I just need to ask God for help to honour them and he gives me the patience and will to do so.
 
I believe if we honour our parents it will make things easier for us as children as well as making our parents jobs easier. And honouring ones parents doesn't just apply to when we live under their roof. It also applies to us once we move away from home or get married.
 
There are other ways we can show our thanks but I think honouring them and obeying them are very big ways of showing them our thanks for them. They also will mean so much to your mother! Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment