Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Water

 
I was thinking that I hadn't posted in a while and was thinking on different topics I wanted to write about. The one that came to mind was about water. It has been quite warm this past week here on the east coast and since some of my job consists of working outside some of the day, water has become especially important to me. Our bodies need water, but especially on very warm days our bodies need to stay hydrated. But just like our bodies need to be constantly given water, our spiritual lives also need to continually watered.

One way to continually water our spiritual lives is by spending time with God in your devotions. For me that can be a struggle to do it every day but I have found as you draw closer to God the more you WANT that time and the more you actually make sure you have that time. It isn't always easy but it should be a priority. It will help you not only grow in your spiritual life as well as draw you closer to God.

Another way to water your spiritual life is to have open communication with God. Our way of communicating with God is praying. I pray when I have my devotions but it is also great to pray throughout the day as you think of things and when you run up against something during the day. It is amazing how praying can change your outlook on things in life :) There is tremendous power in prayer and I know I forget sometimes how much power there is in prayer.

So may you go through this next week and think about how you can continue to water your spiritual life and may you draw closer to God as you do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment