Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Unchanging God

 
Consider how I love thy precepts:
quicken me, O Lord, according to thy loving-kindness.
Thy word is true from the beginning:
and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.
-Psalm 119:159-160
 
Today, the 4 year old I watch every day, did something that he knows he is not allowed to do. I happened to see that he was jumping on the couch and he knows that the rule of the house is not to jump on the couch. I asked him why he jumped on the couch when he knows he is not supposed to do that. He didn't really give me a reason and I then informed him that the rule of not jumping on the couch hasn't changed. After I said that, it got me to thinking about the unchanging God we serve.  Also it reminded me of the many times I tend to do what I want, regardless of what I know God's Word tells me to do and what I told the 4 year old today, applies to me as well.  God does not change in either His being or His will. The fact that His nature or being and His consistency remain unchanged, is our confidence in our changing circumstances. Even if our circumstances turn for the worst, He will remain with us, unchanged. Not only does God not change in His character but also remains unchanged in His design and purpose.

By God not changing, it assures us of the trustworthiness of His many promises towards us. So let us keep our hearts strong and resolve to serve Him with our all no matter where we are! Serving such an unchanging God who is perfect in holiness, wisdom, grace, and power is a wonderful privilege and honor that Christians have! I am thankful I serve an unchanging God and that He will remind me when I am straying from what I know is right!

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
-Hebrews 13:8
 
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
-John 1:1

No comments:

Post a Comment