Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

It's About The Cross

 
Hallelujah, He is risen!!!! Thank you, Lord, for what you have done for me!!!

It's about the cross
It's about my sin
It's about how Jesus came to be born once
So that we could be born again


It's about God's love
Nailed to a tree
It's about every drop of blood that flowed from Him when it should have been me


It's about the stone
That was rolled away
So that you and I could have real life someday
Its about the cross

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nwwwOW8eyj0

 
This song has been running through my mind the last few days and it was perfect for Easter weekend as well as every other day of the year. The verse above is what really hit me,"It's about God's love nailed to a tree, It's about every drop of blood that flowed from Him when it should have been me". Once again, I am so thankful for what Christ has done for me and that by His dying on the Cross and rising again, I may have new life in Him!!! I was challenged on Sunday, do I live my life as though Christ is still in the grave or as though He has risen again? Am I living each day for Christ or am I living for self? If I am living my life as though Christ is risen again, each and every day I should be trying to live my life for Him Then through living my life for Christ, those around me will be able to see evidence of Him working in my life. I have been blessed to see God working in my life as well as the lives of those around me! He is an amazing God and Father and I am so thankful He saw fit to send His Son to die and rise again to save a sinner such as I!

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
-Isaiah 53:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment