Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Disobedience and Discipline

 
Disobedience, its not something that we like to think about much, especially if we are the one being disobedient. What got me to thinking about this was someone who was in my care, disobeyed me, not once but three times within short succession. We talked it over and I feel we both were able to go away from the issue learning something. I believe she walked away with a better understanding of how disobedience affects more than just her as well as knowing that I love her regardless of her wrong doings :) And I know I walked away with a new perspective.

The whole situation made me thing of how God lovingly disciplines us when we are disobedient. He always does it out of love for our good and for us to learn from it. The closer I walk with God, the more I see discipline as a good thing. I see it as something that helps to draw me closer to God, as I take care of the things that God has shown to me through that discipline.

I also thought about how we so easily tend to forget how our disobedience can hurt so many more than just ourselves. We like to think that it affects only us but more times than not, it affects a bunch of other people. Even if it might not affect those around us in a visible way, sometimes our disobedience can cause someone else to fall. So my challenge to you is to remember that when God shows you areas you may be disobedient or need to work on and disciplines you, He is doing it because he loves you as well as for you good and so that you may continue to grow in your walk with Him!

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. -Hebrews 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment