Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Brokenness



The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. 
-Psalm 51:17

What comes to your mind when you read this verse? What hit me when I read this verse this morning was that God's desire isn't for me to come to Him filled with myself and my own agenda. Instead, His desire is for me to come with Him with a heart of surrender, penitent of my sin and open to His will for my life. The broken and surrendered heart is only acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Though man despises broken things, God does not. He will not refuse it, reject it, or overlook it because His Son died on the cross to save broken sinners like you and I.

I can see in my own life that there are so many areas that He has shown me that I need to work on!! But God has been showing me that instead of looking at those areas as overwhelming, to view them as opportunities for Him to work in my life. And if I am open to Him and come to Him with a broken and contrite heart, He can ultimately use those areas to bring Him honor and glory. You know, ultimately, that is what He wants. It is for our lives to bring HIM honor and glory. Oh how easy it is to get wrapped up in myself, what self wants and what self's desires are, but God has a way of bringing my focus and attention back to Him and what truly matters. I am so thankful for the trials and troubles that draw my focus back to Him.

So my challenge to you is, that no matter where you are in your walk with the Lord or what you may be dealing with right now, God's ultimate desire for your life is for you to serve Him and to bring Him honor and glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment