Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Some Thoughts on the New Year


Its almost February and only now am I thinking about writing a blog post about the new year. Through out the month of January I have been thinking about this new year and the great possibility it holds. A new year means a fresh start and in so many ways the beginning of the year brings a time of reflection and thoughts of not only the future, but also the past.

My thoughts on the past have been that I am so thankful that God only allows and brings things into my life when He knows that I am ready for them and can handle them, but also will bring Him honor and glory. When I say ready for them, I mean, He has prepared me for it by the previous things He has placed before me and I know that He never gives us more than we can handle. Oh it may seem like more than we can handle at the time, but that is one of the blessings of serving a God that loves us and knows all things, He knows what we can handle even though it looks huge in our eyes. Last year was very amazing but also quite difficult in a lot of ways, but looking back I can see God's hand through out the entire year! Seeing how God worked through the situations He allowed, makes me so thankful I serve a wonderful God like Him who cares about me enough to bring hard things to refine me and draw me nearer to Him.

Then thinking on the future, though it is unknown, really brings no thoughts of worry or fear. Sure, I wonder what all will happen and all, but deep down inside I know that God has what is best in store for me, because He has proven in the past that He only allows those things into my life that are the best for me and bring Him honor and glory. I am excited to see how God will work in my life, as well as the lives of those around me this coming year. I have a feeling this year will be one full of great possibility, excitement and fun, some changes, new memories, new friends, and some growing but as long as God is in the midst of it all, I know that I have nothing to worry about!!

So what have your thoughts been about for this coming year? Does it look exciting or scary to you? I hope that though we don't know the future, that we remember that God is the one who holds the future and if we live our lives for Him, He will only bring into our lives, what is best for us and brings Him honor and glory.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 
-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment