Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Importance of Words


Words....it is what we use to communicate and how we express ourselves. How do you use your words, for good or for bad? Is it even important how we use our words? It is so easy to speak without putting much thought into what we are saying. I have been thinking about the importance of our words, how we use them, and if our words are building others up or tearing others down.

-James 3:5

-James 3:8

If you look up how many times the Bible talks about our tongue and words, it warns us many times that our words can be used for good or evil and that the tongue can no man tame. I don't think we really realize the impact our idle words can have on others. Its amazing how some good words can make a huge impact on someone and at the same time a careless and hurtful words can be extremely hurtful and impact someone in a negative way.

So I guess what I am getting at is, are we using what we say for God's honor and glory or are we being careless with what we say? I know it is so easy to just talk without putting thought into what we say but if we put thought into our words, those around us will benefit. My challenge to you, think about what you say, how the words you are using sound to those around you. And use your words to build up those around you instead of tearing them down.

Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
-Proverbs 18:21

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about not commenting for so long! Yes...a good thought and study! I have a problem with my tongue. :( I speak before I think. :( Hope all is well with you and your family! I'll be thinking about this....
    Have a blessed evening!
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete