Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Change


Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest. - Joshua 1:9

It has been quite a while since I last wrote. It was a very busy spring and summer getting ready for our wedding and preparing our house in VA. Now we are mostly settled into our house and getting used to married life. Which brings me to what I have been thinking about which is change and how we handle it.

Change is something that each person faces no matter who you are. Sometimes it is a big change like a move, a job change, marriage, and sometimes it is a small change like the kind of coffee your drink or what time you get up in the morning. My point is that big or small, change is always happening. We have a choice when faced with change, we can take it and move along or get all upset about the change that took place. The better choice is obviously to take what has been given to us and move along but that can be harder said than done. Sometimes getting used to and processing the change takes awhile but seeing what God has for you in the midst of that change is most important! He will use that change ultimately for His honor and glory and will use it to draw you closer to Him.

What I have found in the midst of many changes in the last year is that God IS present through each and every change and He is very willing to help me through it and stands by my side. I just need to be willing to surrender how I feel about it and be willing to accept the change while trusting that HE knows what is best. He knew that this change was coming; He also knew that I would need to rely on Him to handle it and it would draw me closer to Him. Oh sure, there are hard days but even the hardest of days are much easier with God by my side. 

I also have found that we need the hard days with the good days. How else would God be able to draw us closer to Him if we only had good days? And how else would we truly be able to be thankful for good days without a little bit of hard days in the mix? I truly have come to appreciate the days that aren't hard and be thankful for the hard days and what they all teach me. God is an awesome God and He does know exactly what we need!

So my challenge to you is, if you are facing a change and it looks hard and big, remember GOD is in this and He has a purpose for you. He will walk with you through this time and wants you to draw even closer to Him. Just lean on Him and trust in Him. He wants what is best for you and what will bring Him honor and glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment