Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Loving Others

 
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
-1 John 3:18
 
This is something I read in my devotions this morning and it stuck with me. I have been thinking a lot about loving those in your life who are hard to love. But what I keep coming back to is, when we are able to love those people, regardless of how they act and treat us, it isn't us who is loving them. It is by us living our lives for Christ and abiding in Him and Him in us, that we are able to love those people. It is God's love in us, that gives us the ability to love those that our flesh would have no desire to love!
 
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
-John 15:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment