Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Surrender and Allowing God to Work

 
I have been so blessed with the way God has been showing and teaching me things. At one point in my life, I was willing to just live my life, go to church, and pretty much do my own thing without any thought of how God wanted me to live. I no longer want to live that way. I want to live my life for Christ and also that those around me can see Christ in me! I have come to the conclusion that until you really surrender everything to Him and are willing to allow Him to have total control of your life, you really aren't living.
 
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
-Romans 12:1-2

I won't tell you that surrendering to God and allowing Him have total control is easy, because it isn't. Surrendering is a daily process, but the results are so worth it! You are able to live your life in freedom and your life will be filled with such peace and joy! And having that peace and joy in your life is so amazing. It is really indescribable. You almost need to experience it for yourself and when you do, you will understand what I mean!

Sometimes hard things come along that you have to make a decision about. But I have found that by abiding in God and by already having surrendered that area of my life to Him, it is so much easier praying about the problem and then being able to rest in Him. And you know what is so awesome about praying about the problem and giving it to God? It is stepping back and allowing Him to work and seeing the way He works in your life and with the problem. Recently God has shown this to me in a mighty way. I was wrestling with something and just wasn't sure what to do. I prayed about it, sought council and then stepped back and watched God work. He gave me the wisdom and strength to face the things I needed to do. The awesome thing was how He worked everything out, gave me the words to say, and I was able to walk away encouraged and blessed. It has been so amazing watching God work in my life and I am truly excited to see how He will continue to work in my life!

We serve an amazing God and I can testify that He will help you through whatever you are facing and He will give you the strength and grace you need to face whatever is in front of you! All He asks, is that we surrender everything to Him and trust that He knows what is best!

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment