Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less


My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Refrain
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
 
When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain
 
His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Refrain
 
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain
 
This song has been running through my head this week. I have definitely come to appreciate this song in a new way lately! I was doing a lot of reflecting this past week, on the past year and looking at the different things that have brought me to where I am right now. I can see God's hand in my life and Him patiently walking alongside me and drawing me closer to Him. It is amazing, when we come to the point of realization that all we need is Christ and all that matters is living for HIM. If our hope is built on Him alone, no matter what comes our way, we will be able to rest in His unchanging grace. There is something awesome about when everything around you gives way, being able to rest in Christ and Him being your only hope! I can say I have experienced it and it truly is the most amazing thing ever! I am just blessed by how God lead and guides us. We serve such a wonderful God! So my challenge to you, even if what is in front of you is really hard, if you allow God to guide you, what He has in store for you, will be way better than what you ever had in mind for yourself!
 
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
-Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment