Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

What Impression Are You Leaving?


We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine. 
-Dwight L. Moody
I have been thinking a lot about the impression we leave on the people that are around us as well as those we meet throughout the day. It doesn't matter where we work, what we do during the day, or where we go on vacation, we will leave an impression on people. It may be a good one or it may be a bad one. The way we respond to things tells people a lot about us and our lives. I have been asking God to shine through me that those around me may see Him. I have been listening to a song lately that talks about what we do leaves more of an impression on people than what we say and it got me to thinking of what kind of impression am I leaving. I can talk all I want about the Christian walk but if my actions don't follow what I say, it means nothing to those that look at my life. So the challenge I leave with you is the Christ centered life the impression you give? 
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. - Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment